Tuesday, October 15, 2013
CHOLESTEROL FREE RECIPES
THIS IS MY OWN PERSONAL COLLECTION OF CHOLESTEROL FREE RECIPES, THAT I HAVE MADE BY TRAIL AND ERROR, MYSELF. YOU WILL NOT FIND THEM IN A BOOK OR ON SOMEONE'S PAGE, OTHER THEN RIGHT HERE.
I BECAME INTERESTED IN CHOLESTEROL FREE RCIPES AND VEGETARIAN EATING WHEN I FOUND OUT THAT MY HUSBAND HAD HIGH CHOLESTEROL.
I THEN TOOK TO THE KITCHEN TO SEE WHAT I COULD CREATE, THAT WOULD BE CHOLESTEROL FREE, TASTE GOOD ENOUGH THAT MY HUSBAND WOULD STILL EAT IT, BUT WOULD STILL BE VEGETARIAN, AND STILL BE A MICRO-BIOTIC DIET. I IT WAS A SERIES OF TRIALS AND ERRORS, WITH MY HUSBAND BEING THE CRITIC, FOR TI WAS HE THAT WOULD BE EATING MY NEW CREATIONS. NOW THAT I FOUND THAT THEY TASTE SO GOOD, I AM EATING THEM WITH HIM.
I HOPE THAT FOR ALL OF YOU THAT ARE SUFFERING FROM HIGH CHOLESTEROL, THAT PERHAPS SOME FO THESE RECIPES, WILL BE OF SOME GREAT HELP TO YOU. THE DOCTOR GAVE ME 3 MONTHS TO BRING MY HUSBANDS CHOLESTEROL DOWN BEFORE HE HAD TO TAKE MEDICATIONS.
TO THE DOCTORS SURPRISE AND OURS, MY HUBBY AND I DID IT.
Monday, February 11, 2013
THE SURFACE IS HAAND TO DIFFICULT TO PENETRATE. THE SHELF LIFE OF A SQUASH IS UP TO 6 MONTHS.
ACORN SQUASH SUPPLIES VALUABLE NUTRIENTS AND MINERALS INTO THE DIET. IT IS VERY HIGH IN VITAMIN A, VITAMIN C, POTASSIUM, DIETARY FIBER, MANGANESE, FOLATE, VITAMIN B COMPLEX, OMEGA 3 AND FATTY ACIDS, MAKING IT A PERFECT EDIBLE ITEM. ACORN SQUASH IS ALSO ABUNDANT IN THE NUTRIENT BETA-CARATENE.
Thursday, January 24, 2013
WE ALL HAVE HEARD THAT WHEN YOU HAVE YOUR HEALTH, YOU HAVE JUST ABOUT EVERYTHING.
SO I HOPE THIS WILL HELP EDUCATE YOU ON WHAT YOU PUT IN YOUR BODY.
MY APPLE PIE IS ONE OF MY HUSBANDS MOST FAVORITE. WE ALL HAVE ALSO HEARD THE OLD SAYING, ABOUT AN APPLE A DAY????
APPLES AMONG OTHER THINGS, CAN CHASE BLOOD SUGAR PROBLEMS AWAY. THESE DELICIOUS FRUITS ARE RICH IN SOLUBLE FIBER THAT REGULATES BLOOD SUGAR LEVELS. IT'S MAIN BENEFIT IS TO PREVENT RAPID BLOOD SUGAR DROPS THAT CAN LEAVE YOU FEELING IRRITABLE, DISORIENTED AND SICK. ONE TYPE OF SOLUBLE FIBER, PECTIN, ALSO LOWERS CHOLESTEROL LEVELS AND LOWERS THE RISK OF HEART DISEASE.
Thursday, November 24, 2011
SUSAN'S UNIQUE SWEET POTATO CASSEROLE
1 medium size Papaya
1 can of Bruce's yams
1 8 ounce can of pineapple
1 cup of brown sugar
1/4 cup of Smart Balance Cholesterol free Buttery spread
1/2 fresh squeezed lemon
1. Take the papaya and cut in half and remove the seeds. Then put in pan and bring water to a boil. Boil about 20 minutes, until the papaya is tender.
2. Remove Papaya from pan and let cool and then remove the skins. Cut in chunks and cook over medium heat another 5 minutes.
3. Drain the can of sweet potatoes and cut sweet potatoes in chunks.
4. Take a potato sweet potatoes and papaya and mash together, and then add pineapple to the mixture and stir.
5. Take 1/4 cup of Smart Balance Buttery Spread and melt in small saucepan. Add in the 1 cup of brown sugar and cook until thickened. Add a little more butter to get the right consistency if necessary.
7. Mix all the ingredients together in a casserole dish and then squeeze half a fresh lemon in the mixture and mix.
8. Put in oven for 10 minutes at 350 degrees.
9. Remove from oven and then cut bananas 1/2 inch thick and arrange on top of casserole. Put raisins on top of each bananas.
Ready to serve
Tuesday, November 15, 2011
THIS WAS THE VERY FIRST RECIPE OF MY VERY OWN I EVER MADE. IT IS ALSO MY HUSBAND'S MOST FAVORITE. A FEW DIFFERENT INGREDIENTS THEN THE NORMAL EVERY DAY APPLE PIE HAS MADE IT A FAVORITE AT EVERY HOLIDAY MEAL.
3 cups of flour
3/4 cups of Smart Balance Cholesterol Free
1 tablespoon of sugar
pinch of salt
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon cinnamon
3/4 cup of brown sugar
1. Grease the bottom and sides of a nine inch pie pan with Smart Balance Buttery Spread.
2. Dust with Flour
3. Peel apples and cut in slices 1/8 inch thick
4. Put 1/2 cup of buttery spread in a sauce pan and stir in 3/4 cup of brown sugar and cook
over low heat until the mixture thickens.
5. Mix brown sugar and butter mixture into sliced apples and add nutmeg and cinnamon.
6. Squeeze one half of fresh lemon and 1/4 of a fresh lime into mixture
7. Mix all together.
Preparing the dough
8, Kneed 1/4 cup of buttery spread into flour mixture, (add a little more if necessary until the flour mixture looks crumbly.
9. Add a small amount of hot water and work into flour mixture until it will form a dough you can then kneed with your hands, and form into a ball.
10. Take the ball of dough and divide in half.
11. Roll out half of the dough to make the bottom layer of crust on the pie pan.
12. Add apple mixture.
13. Then take the other half of the mixture, and roll it out and make the top crust of the pie.
14. Pinch ends of top and bottom crust together.
15. Brush the top of the crust with butter, and bake at 350 degrees or until the crust is brown.
THIS IS MY OWN ORIGINAL RECIPE AND IT IS DELICIOUS AND NUTRITIOUS.
SUSAN'S ACORN SQUASH CASSEROLE
1 Medium Acorn Squash
1 large Mango
2 medium kiwi
1 bag rich and sweet sweet chopped dates
1 cup brown sugar
1/8 ounce can of crushed pineapple
1/4 cup of cholesterol free Smart Balance Buttery Spread
1. In a large saucepan bring water to a boil. Put squash and mango unpeeled in boiling water.
2. Cook until squash and mango is tender and a fork will go through center.
3. Take the squash and mango and drain. Let cook until they can be handled and peeled easily.
The skins will now come off so easily that the original shape of the squash and mango will still be visible.
4. Take a small saucepan and melt the butter and then take the brown sugar and mix the brown sugar in with the butter, an stir on low heat until it starts to caramelize or thicken a little.
Remove from heat and stir.
5. Then take the brown sugar mixture and the squash, mango mixture and mix together.
6. Stir in 8 ounce can of crushed pineapple.
7. Peel Kiwi's and cut in slices, in 1/8 inch thick, and arrange on top of the squash, mango, and pineapple mixture.
8. Arrange Sun Sweet dates to decorate.
Friday, November 4, 2011
SUSAN'S VEGATARIAN GUMBO SOUP WITH BUTTERNUT SQUASH
THIS iS SO NUTRITIOUS
1 Medium onion 1 Green Bell Pepper diced
2 stalks of celery
4 cloves of garlic minced 1 Red Bell Pepper diced
1 Box Organic Vegetable Broth
1 28 oz can tomatoes 2 cups of okra
2 teaspoons finely ground ginger 1 teasp of dried thyme
1 teaspoon paprika 1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon black pepper 1 cup of diced zucchini
1/2 cup diced butternut squash 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
15 ounce can of navy beans 2/3 cups of brown ric
1. Braise the onion in garlic broth until onions is soft. Add tomatoes, broth, green peppers, celery okra, ginger and seasonings.
2. Add the diced zucchini and squash and navy beans with their liquid.
3. Cover and cook until the zucchini and butternut squash until just about tender
4. And Soy Sauce to taste.
SERVES 4 TO 6